These are some points that I think can make anyone a happy, ecstatic and better person living a happier life 🙂
1. Always have a smile on your face. This is one of the best qualities to have in a person. Don’t let little things irritate you. Have optimism. When things go wrong, have hope and smile. Besides, there is always at least one reason to smile. Find it. As the quote goes, everyday might not be good but there is something good in everyday. Also, when you don’t smile and are in a really irritated mood, people around you like your family also get irritated. Rather infect the world with your smile and the world will smile with you. 🙂
2. Don’t waste time fighting/arguing over little things. Before starting a verbal fight with someone, just ask yourself one question – is this even important? The conclusion you will get is that this wasn’t only stupid (for something small, you might end up risking an entire relationship) but you have just wasted your precious time!
3. Be grateful for what you already have. It’s not about how much we have, it’s about how much we enjoy- that makes happiness.
The human nature always tends to want more, want what we do not have, and dwell upon the negatives. Rather try to see what you already have, and make the most of it.
4. Focus on the solution rather than what caused the problem. Everyday we go through both good and bad situations. When you face a bad situation, tell your mind that there is a solution, and then take action to solve the problem. Let’s face the fact that we get into pretty bad situations quite a lot in life! But we all know that somehow most of them end and the problem does get over. There are ways to get out of the hole, so don’t make the hole deeper by thinking that you won’t. All it requires is a little bit of brains and a little bit of patience.
5. Always have an “I can do better” attitude and keep learning from past mistakes. This way your mind looks for ways to do better, and your creative power is turned on. A winning attitude will win for you in every situation. Believe you can succeed and think about success, never failure.
Think doubt and fail.
Think victory and succeed.
6. Think about others, not only yourself. Treat others how you wish to be treated. Empathy, they say, is the gift of great kings (and queens!). Helping others makes us feel good from the inside, and this is often more long-lasting and deeper than momentary pleasure we may get by indulging just ourselves.
7. Ask some people around you what you are good at and what you are bad at (your negatives and your positives). By doing this, you know yourself better, and secondly you realise that you have at least one thing in you that will bring you forward in life. Nobody is perfect but everyone has a few good qualities within them that sometimes they don’t realise.
Realise that quality. Develop your qualities and talents to become a winner. Use that quality and let it shine
8. Take responsibilities – like studying ahead of class, studying before doing other things like being on gadgets, overall be a responsible person. Also, on your health and fitness, balancing calories in and out. This too makes you feel better about yourself.
9. Have a hobby.
Wether it’s singing, wether it’s dancing, or wether it’s writing, have one thing, that could be anything, that you truly enjoy doing besides studies. Focus on it for at least one hour a day.
10. Have people around who truly love you.
Wether it’s your family or an extremely close friend, have a few people who love you, no matter what. They will always build you up when you’re about to break down. You will always find happiness there.
And here’s a bonus – Just look good! When you look good (not necessarily wearing expensive clothes and putting makeup – literally not needed!, just being fresh and tidy and feeling your best), you feel better about yourself. So dress up, chin up, smile and go ahead! You only have one life to live 🙂
These are some points I gathered up that, to me, feel like can make our little stay on Planet Earth a little better.
To be honest, I lack a few of these qualities myself, but this is all about learning and seeing how we can all become better individuals.
So live, learn, and enjoy!
– Saania Saxena